The IRTG students Giorgio De Felice and Paolo Fogliaroni participated to the GEOCROWD Summer School on Data Management for Crowdsourced and Volunteered Geographic Information held in Chania, Crete (Greece) from June 30, 2012 to July 4, 2012.
17 young researchers and 13 international scientists attended the school and contributed in creating a comfortbale atmosphere to establish new collaborations and to create connections among researchers from different countries.
The school offered lectures spanning in the field of GIScience, Crowdsourcing and VGI:
- Prof. Carola Wenk (University of Texas at San Antonio, USA): Shape analysis and reconciliation of geospatial trajectory data
- Prof. Kristian Torp (Aalborg University, Denmark): An ITS Platform
- Prodromos Tsiavos (London School of Ecomomics): IPR and licensing of (open) geospatial data
- Prof. Gérard Ligozat (LIMSI-CNRS, University of Paris-Sud, France): Qualitative spatial and temporal reasoning: an introduction
- Dr. Matthias Renz (LMU Munich, Germany): Principles of Similarity Search and Spatial Query – Processing and Advanced Techniques for Searching in Uncertain Location Data
- Prof. Anastassia Ailamaki (EPFL, Switzerland): Managing Scientific Data