The 2nd International Workshop on Linked Science 2012—Tackling Big Data (LISC2012) will be organized in November, 2012 in Boston, USA. Linked Science workshop series grew out of activities within the International Research Training Group on Semantic Integration of Geospatial Information in a strong collaboration with people from many different institutions and international projects.
LISC2012 will be collocated with the 11th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC2012). The submission deadline for the papers is August 15th, 2012.
Organizers of LISC2012 are
- Tomi Kauppinen, Institute for Geoinformatics, University of Muenster, Germany. (co-chair)
- Line C. Pouchard, Scientific Data Group, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US Department of Energy, USA. (co-chair)
- Carsten Keßler, Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of Muenster, Germany. (co-chair)
- Paul Groth, VU University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Natasha Noy, Stanford Medical Informatics, USA
- Eric G. Stephan, U.S. Department of Energy, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in Richland, Washington, USA
- Jun Zhao, Life Science Interface, University of Oxford
More information is now available at the web page of the LISC2012 at LinkedScience.org/events/lisc2012.